The Closure Planning Practitioners Association is a not for profit association based in Perth, Western Australia.
The Closure Planning Practitioners Association Incorporated (CPPA) seeks to promote global leading practice skills in closure within Australia by representing and engaging with closure planning practitioners to develop and build professional capacity.
The CPPA is incorporated under the Western Australia Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (Section 10). Our Rules of Association outline how we operate and conduct ourselves in accordance with the Act.
- Establish a forum for networking and knowledge sharing amongst closure planning practitioners.
- Raise the profile of closure planning practitioners within the energy and resources sector.
- Set the standard for closure planning as a professional discipline within the energy and resources sector.
- Chair – Darren Murphy
- Deputy Chair – Peter Elliott
- Treasurer – Donna Pershke
- Secretary – Darren Springer
- Committee – Jonathon Crosbie
- Committee – Chantelle Latham
- Chair – Peter Elliott
- Members – Cathy Galli, Paul Timmins, Rob Brown, Chantal Latham, Jonathon Crosbie, Erich Heymann
Governance and Communications Sub-Committee
- Chair – Donna Pershke
- Members – Darren Murphy, Dan Machin, Darren Springer, Jessica Li
Professional Development Subcommittee
- Chair – Jonathon Crosbie
- Members – Jono Sanders, Darren Murphy, Tara Read
CPPA is open for membership to closure professionals, with two levels of membership:
- Associate Member
- Ordinary Member
Open to anyone who has worked in a professional role supporting closure planning activities for a year. Associate members do not have voting rights and cannot sit on the Committee, but can work in sub-committees and generally participate in CPPA events.
Open to anyone who has worked in a professional role supporting closure planning activities for a year, plus be able to demonstrate, with support from an existing Ordinary member, that you have undertaken at least three of the following activities within the last 5 years:
- Written or coordinated the preparation of a Closure Plan with multiple features (e.g. waste dump, tailings dam and pit) that had an estimated closure cost in excess of A$10 million.
- Lead a multidisciplinary closure study or project team, including evaluation, design and cost estimation of closure options.
- Provided strategic closure planning advice to, or evaluation of, a multi-disciplinary closure study or project that has been implemented by a government regulatory agency or organisation.
If you would like to become a member and meet the above criteria, please fill out the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 21 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Topic Presenter: Program Manager and Land Rehabilitation specialist Date: 21 July 2021 Time: 12:30 to 13:30 (Australian Western Standard Time) Competency elements: Registration Details – TBC
- August 11 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Topic Presenter: Tim Sharman, Principal Mine Closure Planning, Anglo American Date: 11 August 2021 Time: 12:30 to 13:30 (Australian Western Standard Time) Competency elements: various – life of mine Registration Details – TBC
- August 17 @ 8:00 am - August 19 @ 5:00 pm
The 14th International Conference on Mine Closure (Mine Closure 2021) will provide opportunities to network and explore the latest mine closure methodologies and technique breakthroughs. This meeting provides a forum for attendees from a variety of disciplines to exchange ideas … Continued
- August 25 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Topic Presenter: Ian Mitchell, Manager Abandoned Mines Program Date: 25 August 2021 Time: 12:30 to 13:30 (Australian Western Standard Time) Registration Details – To be confirmed (TBC)
- September 15 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Topic Presenter: SRK Date: 15 September 2021 Time: 12:30 to 13:30 (Australian Western Standard Time) Registration Details – To be confirmed (TBC)
Find us on LinkedIn
Email us on email@example.com
CPPA Technical Presentations
CPPA Technical Workshop Summaries
Day in the Life Presentations
ICMM Mine Closure Guidance
Australian Centre of Geomechanics (ACG) – Mine Closure Conference Proceedings
CPPA Gold Sponsor
Okane’s multidisciplinary team specialises in providing integrated mine planning and closure services at all mining stages. We maximize asset value while decreasing risk and achieving positive environmental and social outcomes.
Our sustainable mining solutions allow for maximum flexibility to realise the benefits of progressive closure and associated objectives. We assist clients develop effective solutions to mine closure and waste management using fundamental and defensible science providing a clear closure roadmap from feasibility assessment through to relinquishment.
SRK Consulting’s closure team supports the delivery of high quality mine closure outcomes. We apply our multidisciplinary skills including geochemistry, hydrogeology, geology, physics and geotechnical engineering throughout the mine lifecycle. Our specialists’ combine internationally recognised experience with knowledge of local requirements to identify and implement cost-effective and holistic closure solutions.
Our vision is to build the world’s most respected mining company. MMG ‘mine for progress’, meaning we aim to positively contribute to the economic growth and development of the communities in which we operate.
Pershke Consulting is a small environmental consultancy with a particular focus on delivering strategic solutions for mine closure that optimise outcomes for mining companies, post-mining landowners and communities.
We support the development of mine closure plans to meet regulatory requirements, either as a member of your internal team or as an independent consulting assignment. We also specialise in post-mining land use and economic transition planning.
Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Custom Partnership Packages
CPPA are willing and able to work with potential partners to provide custom packages based on their needs. Please contact the Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to discuss